May 15, 2015
We are pleased to announce that the first-ever Ethiopian National Unity Convention organized by the Ethiopian Public Forum in Seattle and other concerned Ethiopians and Ethiopian-Americans who live in and around Seattle, Washington, will be held on May 27th and 28th, 2017, at the Ethiopian Community Gathering Hall.
The main purpose of this national unity convention is to provide a platform for leaders of political, civic, and religious organizations as well as prominent and well respected individuals to discuss on pertinent issues such as:
- Identifying ways and means by which all citizens, both inside Ethiopia and in the Diaspora, coordinate their efforts in the struggle to end the brutal dictatorship without damaging the social fabric of our society
- Draw strategies for a peaceful transition to a democratic system and securing lasting peace
- Setting a national agenda and shared vision for national unity and nation building
- We are very excited about the level of enthusiasm and encouragement we have been receiving from speakers, sponsors and attendees for this unique and historic event. We look forward to bringing together more than 20 distinguished panelists and keynote speakers that will come from different parts of the world.
Panel topics include:
- The Current Political Crisis and the Struggle for a Democratic Change
- The Role of Religious Institutions in Promoting Peace and Unity
- The Role of Independent Media in Enhancing National Cohesion and Integration
- Ethnic Diversity and National Unity
- Democracy and Human Rights
- Our Shared Vision and National Agenda
The list of confirmed speakers and the event schedule will be announced soon! Stay tuned!
For more information and to register for the convention please contact us at:
Telephone: (860) 698-0875 May 10, 2017 Seattle, WA